Interior design concept is an overarching idea upon which other design decisions are made. Before anything can become a reality, it must evolve from a concept into a comprehensive strategy. The best ideas for interior design are based on a common theme that uses color, pattern, and furniture to make people feel a certain way.
The Four Major Categories of Decor
- The classic aesthetic of house decoration.
- Current trends in home decoration are leaning toward a more contemporary aesthetic.
- The aesthetic of an industrial factory.
- Minimalist is a popular approach to home decor.
Here are the 5 most fundamental ideas of interior design concepts.
- Harmony. The home is not made up of unrelated rooms but functions as one entity with several interconnected spaces linked together by passageways and a series of stairs.
- Rhythm. A sense of rhythm is essential in both music and home decor.
- Center of attention.
- Ratio and Gradient